In order to determine which gravure roll is necessary for your
application, you must indicate the following characteristics:
1. Dry target weight of your coating in grams / meter2
(i.e. 0.2g/m2, 1.0g/m2, 15g/m2, etc…)
2. Weight of coating in pounds per gallon (i.e. 7.8 lbs./gallon,
8.4 lbs./gallon, etc…)
3. Percentage of solids in your coating (i.e. 25%, 50%, 90%, etc…)
4. Viscosity of coating in cps (10 cps, 100 cps, 5000 cps, 100000
OR simply indicate:
1. Volume of coating release in BCM (billion cubic microns) (i.e.
2.0, 8.0, 15.0, 45.0, etc..)
2. L.P.I. (i.e. linescreen per inch) (60 lpi, 120 lpi, 360 lpi,
440 lpi, 800 lpi, 1200 lpi, etc…)
Upon specifying the above listed requirements to your ECS
consultant, an exact gravure pattern can be specified for your application.
If you have a special gravure pattern that you desire to
be engraved, ranging from multiple banded rolls to various engraved images,
this can be easily arranged. Note that special patterned gravure rolls will
be quoted independently from a standard gravure roll pattern (which simply
has one engraving from edge to edge on the roll), and that the price will
depend directly on the quoted price for the special engraving.
Note: If you desire to change the coating weight
of the samples onto which you are performing tests, it is necessary to
change the gravure roll and replace it with a different pattern gravure
roll. Because of the interchangeable side frame on the Euclid Lab Coaters,
you can easily change a gravure roll and replace it with a different gravure
roll in approximately 5 minutes. Various gravure rolls may be purchased as
desired (consult with ECS for pricing).